Steve Dryden, COO Flint Group Packaging & CEO Flint CPS has confirmed that Flint Group has taken significant steps to ensure that all its sites, products and services are safe.
“We would like to share some insights of the measures we are taking to protect our employees and maintain security of supply of our products.
Preventive actions to protect our employees
In line with our core values, our priority is to ensure that our workers have the ability to operate effectively and safely during this period of uncertainty. Therefore we have implemented:
- pre-entry temperature screening at our major manufacturing sites;
- on site hygienic work norms such as regular hand washing, use of alcohol-based hand sanitizer, health checks, increased cleaning and disinfecting measures and social distance rules;
- remote work whenever possible;
- most meetings have been replaced with conference calls or video conferences; and
- all but essential travel has been cancelled.
Preventive actions with respect to external parties (incl. visitors, truck drivers, etc.)
- large scale events have been cancelled;
- only essential visitors and external parties are allowed on sites; and
- specific safety protocols are in place for truck / goods deliveries.
All our teams currently remain accessible to our customers and we have taken measures to maintain business continuity and ensure they continue to receive the highest quality service without disruption.
At present, we are not experiencing any direct impacts on our material supply. The current situation is, however, both complex and dynamic and we remain in frequent communication with our direct suppliers located in China, Europe and in other parts of the world to ensure delivery of materials as planned.
Our global procurement team is reviewing material status daily for every region of the world and we have a weekly coronavirus global task force meeting. We will continue to work with urgent focus to gain more clarity as this situation develops.”